BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to use Secondary Dimensions (Add-On) in another languages?

Otavio Augusto
Certified Trainer

Hi everyone,

We recently encountered a challenge while working on a project: the need to display two types of measurements. After some research, I came across the "Secondary Dimension" Add-on, which works perfectly!

However, there's one issue we're facing. In our office, we use the Portuguese version of Archicad, and unfortunately, the SD add-on is not compatible with non-international versions of the program. I even attempted to replicate the international workspace to see if the add-on would function in the Portuguese version, but, unfortunately, it didn't work.

So, I've come here to ask if any of you have encountered a workaround or have any suggestions on how to make the add-on function in versions other than the international one.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Although technically that is an add-on, it is one that come standard with Archicad as far as i know.

It is not something that you have to install yourself.

So you should find it is installed with the Portuguese version (and I assume all other language versions) already and I would assume it is set to work with each language version of Archicad.

I can't say for sure as I only have the AUS and INT versions which are both English language.
I have never had to install that add-on separately.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Unfortunately, it didn't come pre-installed with the Portuguese version, so we've had to use the INT version just for it... 😕

Learn and get certified!