Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

I need HELP- Placed pdf on layout plot blank or partly blank

Anonymous
Not applicable
Huh. An when I believed all is swell it stars again (had this issue some years ago) the job that just a weeks ago plotted perfectly is full of blank and partially blank pdfs in layouts

PDF created from Word 2008 with save as PDF selected printed Acrobat 8 and placed with place drawing command
– I have tried other printers same result
- I tried placing the pdfs with Adobe Reader 9
- I have tried creating the pdfs using Acrobat 8 printer

The job is a firehouse with 100 layouts and hundreds of pdfs so copy paste a screen capture is a nightmare

AC 13 built 3600 MACtel 10.6 MacBook Pro 2010 HP1050C plus
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are two 8.5x11 pdfs on the plt (30x42) and it print only the bottom of page one

Cold someone verify
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have a custom boundary for your drawing? Try setting the drawing to Fit frame to Drawing, or a rectangular shape.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried everything imaginable including unlinking and fit to drawing.
Shortening the path to the minimum.
( reinstall archicad reinstall the plotter driver)

This all happened after installing the last AC patch and one Apple update

I have noticed something weird see source file path in the attached pict

Could be the background but it is impossible to set it ti transparent.
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is the attachment
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Albert:

Have you tried using the Figure Tool rather than the Drawing Tool to place the pdf file, does it make a difference?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David
The problem there is that the figure is not an updatable link and then with figure you have access only to the first page of a pfd.

Of course one could copy paste clipping but that is such a barbarous way for hundreds of pages

What is interesting is that a published pdf layout reimported (placed as a drawing) in a layout prints but the quality is miserable