BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

IMPORTING VIEWS INTO PLOTMAKER

Anonymous
Not applicable
Traditionally our office continues to use PMK files to import views into Plotmaker, never having found BG Archicad very satisfactory.

However, I was recently at a seminar where the ease of creating views in Navigator was demonstrated, and importing these views into Plotmaker directly from a PLN file.

When I try this, I find that, although my view was created when 'zoomed in' to part of a drawing, when I import the view, the 'zoom' is lost and I get the whole of the drawing (just as if I had stored it as a PMK).

Is there a way to overcome this? (I thought that it wasn't happening during the demonstration). It seems to defeat the benefit of the stored view, and I find it takes a huge amount of time to crop and move the view into position.

Also, when I've dragged a view, and 'clicked' to place it - it still moves! (maybe because I 'clicked' when it was still regenerating). This is also very annoying. Would it not be possible to allow placement to occur before the regen is completed?
3 REPLIES 3
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
Keith,
Search inside PlotMaker's Preferences there is an option to adjust the frame of a placed drawing at the zoom you have inside ArchiCAD.

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
eucharisto polu, Petro.
Petros Ioannou
Contributor