BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Identify unplaced drawings

Erich
Contributor
Is there a quick way to identify drawings that have not been placed on an layout? The Drawing Manager does a good job giving me information about what has been placed, but says nothing (at least that I can tell) about the drawings that are not placed.

I'm looking for a fast way to scan 100's of details to make sure they have all made it unto a layout.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Erich wrote:
Is there a quick way to identify drawings that have not been placed on an layout? The Drawing Manager does a good job giving me information about what has been placed, but says nothing (at least that I can tell) about the drawings that are not placed.

I'm looking for a fast way to scan 100's of details to make sure they have all made it unto a layout.
Not really because they don't become drawings until they are placed on a layout.
They are just views in you view map otherwise.

The only thing I can think of is to open the drawing manager and set the list to order by the "source view".
Then you can compare that list with the view map.
The only thing is the "source view" list will be in alphabetical order and the view map propably isn't (unless you designed it that way).
But you might be able to compare the two and spot any gaps.
Not very fast though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erich
Contributor
Barry,

Yeah, that's what I do already and it is slower than I would like. It is also easy to miss something with so many lines of data to review. I was just hoping that I had missed a feature somewhere.

I may need to make a poll...
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!