BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Importing from Archicad to Twinmotion

Nik_Metal
Participant

Hello,

i have a question about importing my model from Archicad to twinmotion. I import the building using datasmith and when i try to change the surface of an object it changes other objects too (for example i change the surface of the outside wall and it changes the sofa too, or i change the floor and it changes many other surfaces.

I tried to change settings when importing to keep hierarch, collapse by material, collapse all but for all of them the result is the same.

Can you help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon

In Twinmotion will change the material for all objects that have the same surface in AC. It does not matter what type they are in AC if they have the same surface then when you edit it in TM then all will change. Solution is either assign different surfaces in AC to the objects the objects that will have different materials in TW. Option to try is to export 2 different files from AC one structure without furniture and the other with the inverse selected. Importing both into TM might let you assign different materials to the same surface.

Also while modeling in AC different types of objects should not have the same surface i.e. a Slab surface might be the same for a Wall or Roof but it shouldn't be applied to a table, sofa or curtain.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

kornclub
Booster

My experience with Twin motion is not that much but i export file without cars and trees (horrible in Archicad ) , and materials different for future modification in Twin motion , to apply easier , you can close some layers and the best idea is exporting what basics correctly and you can always update file if you modified in Archicad  

Learn and get certified!