Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Is it possible to display the part of the element that is behind the cut plane in the section

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

Good time of the day, gentlemen

I'd like to display the back side of my spiral staircase that I cut in the middle in the section, so that it looked complete:

IsaacNewton_0-1680087614252.png

IsaacNewton_1-1680087695873.png

Is it possible to do so, and if so, couldn't you please tell me how, could you?

3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

Have a look at section line offsets. You may be able to get away with a local stagger around the stair.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F050_Views...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thank you! Alas, in this particular case it's not a very nice solution either, beacuase the staircase  is situated in the tower with circular oblique walls. As a result the additional segment of the walls up above gets in the cut plane, and impart the section view an undesired look:

IsaacNewton_0-1680156886699.png

IsaacNewton_1-1680156991060.png

DGSketcher
Legend

Tricky situation you have there. I was hoping the section didn't need to display the roof. The only alternative I can suggest is you create two views, one a section without the stair and another an elevation (or section) showing only the stair. These can then be combined on a Layout with the stair on top of the section. You may need to do some juggling with trace references for any notation you need to add.

Hope that helps.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)