BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Issuing a set of drawings without having to revise all included layouts

Josh Verran
Expert
This might come down to my level of understanding of issuing drawings.

We issue several sets of drawings and indicate through the Issue Name what that issue is for.
For example "Construction Issue", or "Pricing Issue". This is displayed on the titleblock of each layout.

The problem I am experiencing is, often particular layouts have not changed since the last issue, therefore no revision (change) required. This in turn causes the issue name to remain the same as last time it was issued.

At the moment we are having to add a change to each layout, to cause that layout to revise, with a change note something to the effect of "this layout has been issued for pricing", which shows in the revision table.
Contractors are contacting us saying we have a layout which is at Revision F, what's changed sinced Revision A?
The answer is simply, nothing, we have just sent that layout out several times for tender etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can guide me in the right direction.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just clarifying, you want it to go something like:

Rev A - Issue for Coordination
Rev B - Issue for DA
Rev B - Issue for Tender

Where you have included the drawing in a new issue without any changes.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Josh Verran
Expert
Hi Ling

Yeah, that's exactly what we are after.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Learn and get certified!