BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Keep zone stamp position when rotating text and view

canvea
Booster
Is there a way to keep the zone stamp "anchor" in the same place when rotating? OR is there a way to make them "readable" without changing the general angle, only switching whats up and down according to what rotation the view has? My zone stamps seem to jump all over the place... I usually resort to using the "fixed angle" option in the zone stamp rotation pallette, but now I would like to change the angle of several zone stamps at once with them staying in place.

I want to make these numbers readable/rotated 180degrees:

But when I change the angle they completely scatter:

Of course I can move them around etc, but when I want the other view again I would have to do it all over...

I also really wish Label tools worked for Zones, then I would have way more control over how they looked.

This is Archicad 23 btw.
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
7 REPLIES 7
PVBergkrantz
Expert
I've had (and have) this problem as well. The issue is that each some stamp has an origin point which it pivots around, which originally is at the center of the the stamp. However the stamp can be moved in each scale (1:50, 1:100 and 1:200) without moving the origin/pivot point. This means that when the text rotates some of your stamps are in one position relative to their pivot point and some others, which causes the weird rotation.

See my post about it:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=61421

The easiest way I found to "reset" the stamps and make sure theyre all on top of their pivot point is to simply remake the zones.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

canvea
Booster
Thank you! I suspected there was no quick fix, but at least next time I'll try to be a bit more aware of the stamp "origin-point".
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
JCCARLOS91
Enthusiast

Hi all,

`There must be a step I'm missing after all this convo. I tried moving the stamp by "moving sub-element" but it still moves around the space when changing scales and rotating views. I also tried recreating the zone and snapping it onto a hotspot but no avail.

I need help, please. 🙌

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019

I'm also still having this problem despite moving the sub-element node in the scale the zone & associated stamp is viewed in. 

Construkt Architects
iMac Retina 5K 27" 2020
3.6GHz i9
72gb 2133MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500XT 8gb
AC25-6000 NZE
Design
Newcomer

Also having the problem of zone stamps with names jumping around at different scales.

Are you using version 25+?

If so, use zone labels instead of zone stamps.

You can have as many labels as you like associated to a zone.

They can show different information in different scales and different layers.

Much more flexible than a zone stamp (one stamp per zone).

You can also add labels to zones in sections.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I hadn't considered using the Label tool. However, we are dealing with masterplanning or larger resource consenting projects that can have hundreds of typologies (and their included zones) so it was convenient to be able to have the stamp do its job. 

I will look into using a Label and see if it can do what we need.

Construkt Architects
iMac Retina 5K 27" 2020
3.6GHz i9
72gb 2133MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500XT 8gb
AC25-6000 NZE
Learn and get certified!