Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labels in 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
So is there a way to get the 'New and Improved' crazy making label tool to behave like the old label tool. I'm just trying to write out plain old text notes in a 2d 'unlinked from the model' section window.

The dragging, copying, and orienting of the new label tool 19 is driving me nuts.

I just want to point and something and write out text.. but they're always backwards, or require 8 different clicks and key strokes to get lined up right.

Hating that the text positions just like the previous one without 'asking' where I want to put it, requiring mirroring, dragging, arrow repositioning, etc. to get it back to a rational place.

I assume I'm missing something, otherwise this tool is buggy or poorly designed.
26 REPLIES 26
Works for me
http://screencast.com/t/WnPRILnF8

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Label Tool has two Geometry Methods: Associative and Independent. You should use the latter.
Also, you can turn off the Pointer of the Label before placement. Then it works kind of like the Text Tool.

One major difference with the Label Tool is that now you set the default settings in the Label Settings Dialog and then it works for all placed Labels. So it is not that you define default labels for every element type.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So here's a new PET PEEVE with 19...

In the past I use essentially the ID Indicator (my own version)... to TAG all the lights in a plan with their ID (fixture reference)...

Previously I was able to SELECT ALL LIGHTS and APPLY AN ASSOC. LABEL with the checkbox (part of the object info palette)...

Now, afaik, this DOES NOT EXIST.. and I have to place each light then also place each label...

Same idea for tagging DOORS and WINDOWs in ELEV and SECTION...

Somebody BROKE this feature (by design, I presume) and just caused me hours for what used to be nearly instantaneous... Not to mention that by the SELECT ALL METHOD I was SURE to get ALL the lights... Now, I'm very prone to MISS some during the process.

If anyone knows that I can achieve this in 19, please give me a shout (ok, just respond here)...

Thanks for listening!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Also, because the label was essentially an attribute of the object, when dragging a copy of the object in plan (or syringing obj. properties and placing) the label used to go along with it.. .Now it doesn't.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Eduardo Rolon
Answer to the first one
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Sadly for the second one you will need to select the label and the wall before dragging a copy.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Eduardo,

Well there you go! Looks like I'm back in business... Thanks for the tip.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Also, you can turn off the Pointer of the Label before placement. Then it works kind of like the Text Tool.
Is this new to 19?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Rogerdodge wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
Is this new to 19?
Well, Labels had Pointers (or Leader, as they called in other software) even in AC18. In AC19 there are new options to specify the Pointer Starting Angle and also lock it, and also there is a new option for the Pointer shape. Plus the Pointer ON/OFF button is new. In AC18 you had the "Use Symbol Arrow" checkbox in the Symbol Label panel of the Label Settings Dialog using which you could turn OFF the Pointer. However, it was available only when using a Symbol Label (GDL Object-based Label). The option to turn off the Pointer was not available when using simple text Labels.
In AC19 it is now possible to turn the Pointer ON/OFF with any kind of Label.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27