BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Landscape Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are documenting a Landscaped Area & placing points for setout of paving, Garden Beds etc............ Does anyone know if there is a method of getting Archicad to schedule these points as Northing & Eastings. At present the Landscape Dept are using the Level Dimension Tool to get the look that they want for there points on Plan.

Any Ideas would be appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
If it is just text or dimension then no you can't schedule those.

But if you are placing objects at those points and those objects can tell you the Northing & Easting - or you can add them manually to the object parameters yourself - then yes you can schedule those objects and get the info you need.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry,

Is anyone aware of an object that can be used that will automatically add the Northing & Easting based on its X/Y position on a plan relative to 0/0. A staff member has said that he had such a block while using Autocad. I just want to check that I am not going to reinvent the wheel if such an object already exists.
Karl Ottenstein
I may be missing something, as the terms Northing and Easting are not familiar to me, but I assume they are based on x/y coordinates?

This topic indicates that there was a bug as recently as AC 12 that prevented an object from reporting its coordinates in a schedule, only in 2D/3D windows:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=148184

If this is what you're after, I wonder if anyone has tested to see if this has been fixed in 14?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!