BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Layer Combinations - see which are in use?

n_b
Contributor

Is there a way to see which Layer Combinations are in use by Views?

The same way in the Attribute Manager, I'm able to see which Layers are in use with the tick, and delete ones that aren't being used. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LucaP
Enthusiast

Perhaps it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you could always create Index View of all the Views in the project and then use Layer Combinations as a grouping parameter for example.

This would give you an overall list of the Views and Layer Combinations assigned to them.

You would still have to analyze which Layer Combinations are not in use yet are still existing in your Project (rather tedious if you have many of those), but that's a start - and AFAIK only workaround for now.

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LukaS
Contributor

I am also looking for this option as a way to keep the project clutter-free.

@GRAPHISOFT, you could add some sort of feature to Attribute Manager or better yet, make the same pop-up warning window you get when trying to delete a layer ("This will result in deleted elements and/or missing attributes -> Details), as it has nothing to do with attributes...

iMac 2019, macOS 12.7.4
AC 27 (Intel-based), 5003 INT
Solution
LucaP
Enthusiast

Perhaps it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you could always create Index View of all the Views in the project and then use Layer Combinations as a grouping parameter for example.

This would give you an overall list of the Views and Layer Combinations assigned to them.

You would still have to analyze which Layer Combinations are not in use yet are still existing in your Project (rather tedious if you have many of those), but that's a start - and AFAIK only workaround for now.

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD

This is what I ended up doing at the time - took a while, but it was the most efficient option that I could find.

Learn and get certified!