Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layer Settings saved with View change to 'Custom'

andybartos
Contributor

Hello!

I am having a strange thing happen regarding layer combinations that are saved with views. If I am on a layout, select a view, and open the source view, the view that opens does not have the correct information showing and the layer combinations has changed to 'Custom'. I change the combination to the correct one, but it reverts to 'Custom'.  This seems to happen for the most part with my interior elevations and views that were created with the tool in the model. If anyone has had this problem and has been able to correct it, I'd be thankful to hear your solution. I am running Archicad 25 on a Mac Studio with the Apple M1 Max chip, 10 cores, and 64GB Memory. Thanks

Andrew Bartos

Breslin Architects

Allentown, PA

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
macOS Monterey | Mac Studio-Apple M1 Max | 64 GB
Archicad 7 - 25
7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried selecting the View in the Navigator and then deleting the Settings button. A new window pops up where you can configure the View Settings. Try changing the layer combination in there. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to try this, but I'm not sure how you delete the settings. I can redefine the view but don't know how to delete the settings window. Can you explain that a little further, please? Thanks!

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25

This is what Lee was referring to.

BarryKelly_0-1684289197101.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Oh, I understand now. We have done that and it still remains custom. Since I've posted this question the problem has been identified to happen with only one user. If he asks someone else on the team to change the view setting back to the appropriate combination, that user then sends a receives changes. When the user having the issue receives changes, everything looks good again. Perhaps it's some kind of problem with the Interior Elevation tool on his machine. Maybe the next step would be to reinstall the software on his computer. If that works, I will post the results here. Thanks to Barry and Lee for all your help! 

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25

I don't use Teamwork, so can't comment on how it all works.

But maybe that one user doesn't have the correct permissions to make changes to the settings?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

As @Barry Kelly suggests it could be a permissions issue in Teamwork. Check the user’s privilege settings to make sure they have permission to edit view settings. If it lets them open the settings palette and it’s not greyed out then I would assume they have permission. We give everyone in our practice full editing rights across all elements except for sharing models originally. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
andybartos
Contributor

At present, every user does have full editing rights. We did find somewhat of a fix to this problem. Say we're in an interior elevation view and work is missing and the combination saved with the view has changed to custom. If we then go to another view, such as a reflected ceiling plan, and change the ref clg plan combination to the int elev combination in the tab across the bottom of the workspace and then return to the interior elevation view we were working on, the combination saved with the view has reverted to the correct combination. Kinda weird and discovered quite by accident. But at least we can continue to work. Thank you all for your replies!

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25