Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layers & Hotlink Modules

Ghassan Kanaan
Booster

I was very disappointed when I discovered that HIDING LAYERS of elements in a placed Hotlink Module doesn't work and as a result no possibility to use Layer Combinations with Hotlink Modules...Very frustrating!

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

The entire hotlink belongs in one master layer.

If you place the hotlink in the 'Archicad' layer, then your layer combinations will work exactly as you want them to.

However, the Archicad layer can never be turned off, so neither can your hotlink.

If you place the hotlink in any other layer, then the layer combinations will work as normal, but if the layer combination turns off that master layer that the hotlink is in, then the entire hotlink will disappear.

If you want to control the entire hotlink on/off, then create a new layer for the hotlink.

Make sure that new layer is included in your current layer combinations, and set it to turn on or off as you desire.

Usually you would just leave it 'on' in all layer combinations, but if ever you want to hide the hotlink, you just turn the hotlink master layer off.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11