Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I notcied under documents there are some predefined layers. If I click on one no part of my drawing changes. How can I make better use of these layers without redrawing my floorplans for my electrical and others?
I want to have more sheets like these but I also want them to show up on my master layout so I can add a title block to them.
1 REPLY 1
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Did you click on Layer Settings? If not, the list of "predefined layers" you see under Document>Layers are not layers at all, they are Layer Combinations. ie. Drafting, All Visible and Unlocked, Enlarged Plan, etc.You use these to show specific combinations of layers for different views.

The actual list of layers are found in Document>Layers>Layer Settings or Ctrl+L(Win) Command+L(Mac). If you start a new file using the ArchiCAD Template the project will be populated with a list of predefined layers, which is good fro just jumping into the program at first, but I recommend you customize your own list of layers and even better, start from scratch with no template. It is a lot of work, but once you make the layers your own you will have a much better time working in ArchiCAD.

Here is a video overview of layers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qz4m2WsmE
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center