Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout Book

jaydenprosser7
Contributor

Hi All,

I just wondered what everyone does in relation to the layout book on their template and how they handle the different stages of a project. Does everyone have layouts set up for each stage - concept, design development and working drawings/construction drawings? or do they create the required layouts at each stage. I have always had them set up on my template but this seems to add alot of size to the project.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

How long is a piece of string...

You need to look at what you are doing and make those decisions on what is of benefit and what isn't but can easily be added back if required. I typically just recycle my last job, but if you have a steady and wide ranging set of projects it may be worth having more than one template e.g. small residential, Industrial, commercial etc.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
jaydenprosser7
Contributor

Yeah that all make sense but recycling the previous job doesn't really work as they end up messy. I've done some testing and if I have the layouts set up and then just place the drawings each job - that does the job.