Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout and plotting margins inconsistency

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, here is my problem:

Im trying to plt my layout with AC11 latest build on an OCÉ TDS400 plotter. The master is set to plot a sheet that is 1219 by 914 and those setting were imported from the plotter itself. I have margins of 12 on each sides except for 30 on the left side ( for this example purpose ).

Here is what happens: (see picture)

The red line on the left is where the plotter cuts the paper, leaving me with a "negative" margin since my "cartridge" is a bit further than the actual margin. and the blue lines on top and bottom are where the paper is correct (right dimensions) but where the plotter actually doesnt plot anything ( so I lose the bottom and top parts of my "cartridge").

We have tried anything we could think of and the problem still subsist.

Any help would be appreciated.

master.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Did you set the master size by reading the required paper size from the plotter, or defining the paper size? If you read it from the plotter, the margins will be automatically set and the printable area will be shown.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used the "import settings from plotter" option in the size drop down menu.

Im beginning to think that the plotter itself might be the problem. I have looked trough the driver settings and didnt find anything suspicious at first glance.
Djordje
Ace
Sorry for the stupid question: did you try printing instead of plotting?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's the Printable Area derived from the Available Drawing Area that really matters AFAIK. This area will be shown by a blue border on your master.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje: In fact yes I did and it worked in 36x48 inches format but resulted in many headache for smaller formats like 24x36 where drawings were getting autorotated and cut too small like described earlier.

Im still interested to know why there can be such a difference between "plot" and "print" (sorry for my ignorance if this is a widely known fact).

Link: Yes those numbers are the ones showing in my setups ( from memory). I know that the printable area (blue line) is set to cover the whole sheet and that my drawing is nowhere it.

thanks both for the help