BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout doesn't update drawing

Paopao
Booster
I have a major problem with layouts: whenever I change the original drawing by adding or modifying something, the layout doesn't reflect these changes even if I update it. Basically I need to set a fixed layout positioning a map (which needs to remain always in the same identical position) while I need to change the information I put on it. It's a work that develops with time so there is no way I know now I will need 5 or 150 maps or what goes on it.

For instance I have noticed that even layers's switching on and off is not picked up in the layout: if I put a drawing on the layout with x layers on than I want to switch new ones on the layout doesn't update itself and I always remain with the "old" view of the drawing.

Is there a way to update the drawing I put on the layout maintaining the original position?

Thanks
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
10 REPLIES 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
s2art wrote:
Paopao wrote:

1 - How to import a view that is exactly the same on different layouts so that I do not have to adjust them:
Once you have your first view placed correctly, Select it, Copy and Paste onto new layout, select the new view and Right-click> Link Drawing to... and select the desired view from the "Link to..." dialogue.
Or if you select a placed View under the Layout Book tab of the Navigator, and option-drag that View into another Layout (this copies that View from one Layout to another), the copied View will be identical, and placed on the same location in that Layout.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!