Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Line weight in section view

ashwanikumarshukla
Participant
Hi,
As per attached image, I am facing problem regarding line weight in section view. When i select TRUE LINE WEIGHT, then lines are looking uniformly but printed sheet line are very dull. Kindly please help, how to get uniformly lines with good looking hierarchy. I will be very grateful to all.
Ashwani Kumar Shukla

Archicad 12-26, 64gb ram, window 10
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
If you want the same pen thickness then all elements need to use the same pen, or different pens with the same thickness.
So the section pen for your handles needs to be changed in your example.

If they are modelled as separate elements you can change the section pen for those elements.
If they are their own handle object you may or may not have control of the section pen in the object parameters. The same applies if the entire drawer unit is one object - you may or may not have control of the section pen in the object parameters - it depends how it was scripted.

Another option is to create an alternate pen set, where all the pens (or at least those used in the drawer section) are all set with the same thickness.
Then use this pen set with the section view of those drawers.
This may not work however if you have more than just the drawers in the section.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ashwanikumarshukla
Participant
Barry, Thanks a lot for your precious reply. I have used same pen thick for all elements. These elements created with morph tool. Different pen thick facing only in section view. Plan & elevation views are perfect for line weight. I have also changed pen thick in section setting. Still i have not got any solution for this
Ashwani Kumar Shukla

Archicad 12-26, 64gb ram, window 10
Barry Kelly
Are the handles actually being cut by the section line?
If they are then the section (cut) pen needs to be the same as for the other drawer elements.
If not then you are seeing the elevation (uncut) pen which is probably a different thickness to the section (cut) pen.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11