Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Link multiple drawings at once to an internal view

Six-Squares
Participant

Hi AC World. 

Is it possible to link multiple drawings on a Layout to a new plan view?  Without doing them one by one? 

I am doing repeat details with slight tweaks.  The easiest/fastest way is to create a new worksheet.  Then copy the details from the original worksheet into the new one in the same location and make the changes.  Then I can duplicate the Layout Subset which has all the drawings placed on it saving lots of time.  The last step is to re-link the drawings on the layout to the new worksheet. I can right-click a drawing and click "Link Drawing To", one by one.   If I select multiple drawings I can't "Link Drawing To"....which is a huge hassle when you have 50+ layouts and 4 drawings per layout. 

In an ideal world, selecting all the layouts in the subset and being able to re-link all drawings on all layouts to the new worksheet would be the best!  Is this possible? 

Thanks
Six Squares Architecture
Operating system used: Windows 10

Screenshot 2024-04-04 161129.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

You can if you select them in the Drawing Manager.

Unfortunately, you can't select them on the layouts and have them highlight in the Drawing Manager.

So you have to know which drawings you want by sorting by 'name', 'placed to' or 'source view'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

You can if you select them in the Drawing Manager.

Unfortunately, you can't select them on the layouts and have them highlight in the Drawing Manager.

So you have to know which drawings you want by sorting by 'name', 'placed to' or 'source view'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Barry you legend.  That works fine for me, you have saved me hours of tedious clicking!!! 👍

Xandros
Expert

In addition to Barrys solution:

If it's a teamwork file you're working on, you can reserve exactly the drawings that you intend to change and add a column to the Drawing Manager called Teamwork-Owner(?) and then sort it by this column

Xandros_0-1712647891619.png

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Setup info provided by author