Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Linking text to a layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have text on our plans that we want to reference a specific layout sheet. Is this possible?
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you be a bit more detailed on exactly what kind of text, where is it located, how should it be shown in the Layouts?
Or do you want a hyperlink so that by clicking on the text it will navigate you to the specified Layout?
Maybe an image explaining the situation?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a text block that we call out details that are on a certain layout. But as we move the layouts around we have to remember to go back and change the text to reflect the new layout number. We were hoping there was a way to have it reference the layout similar to how detail/section/elevations reference the layout to where they are placed.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Create a Drawing List with the Criteria showing the Layout Subset you want on the drawing.

From Project Map:
Project Indexes> Drawing List
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I'm actually needing is we have a general note on our plans but we reference our wall types sheet within these notes. We were hoping to be able to use an referenced text for this instead of catching an incorrect sheet callout later on if the pages get rearranged.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
doober922:

I think what you want to do can be done via AutoText, in the Help files see: Documentation > Annotation > Autotext > Autotext Reference Drawing (at the top of the page).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to the drawing on the layout you want to reference to.
Select the drawing, right click and "Set as Autotext Reference".
Go back to your text block, and in the appropriate place while editing hit the Autotext button.
Change the Category dropdown to the layout you want to reference and select Layout ID or whatever it is you want to display.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you S2art!!!!! That is exactly what I was looking for!!!

Is creating text as a hyperlink to a layout possible? Thanks