Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

List Zones within a Main Zone

TJ Admin
Booster

Say I have 2 main Zones (Sites) Phase 1 and Phase 2. Within that is different sized and named zones (small buildings). I want to list every zone encapsulated in the Phase 1 zone. Without it picking up on all the other zones and encapsulated of Phase 2.

How would I setup the filter to give me only on Phase of zones an areas in a list?

Hope one of you can help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I would model the phases using Zones, while I would model the buildings using the Morph tool. The Morph tool displays the proper information in Schedules for the Related Zone Name/Related Zone Number fields so Morphs will know which Zone they are located in.

Also, you have the "Area (by Story)" schedule field for Morphs. 

I would probably create a Property for those Morphs which would be an Expression-based Property and would return the Related Zone Name. Then, I would use that Property as criteria in the Scheme Setup to list only Morphs within one or the other Zone.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I would model the phases using Zones, while I would model the buildings using the Morph tool. The Morph tool displays the proper information in Schedules for the Related Zone Name/Related Zone Number fields so Morphs will know which Zone they are located in.

Also, you have the "Area (by Story)" schedule field for Morphs. 

I would probably create a Property for those Morphs which would be an Expression-based Property and would return the Related Zone Name. Then, I would use that Property as criteria in the Scheme Setup to list only Morphs within one or the other Zone.

Thanks for the input. I'm not familiar with "Expression-based Property's", so would have to try reading up, and try this method. Would be nice if it could be all Zones, but I understand that you can't filter the Phase Zone from the other, being the same thing...

I could create the list, but was not able to do the "Expression-based Property". Can you give me an example of how to do this?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Sorry, I am on vacation right not and do not have Archicad with me but hopefully someone can give you an example, or you could check the Archicad Online Help for more info.

Are you back from holiday yet? I still have a conundrum. Phase 01(zone) with Different Block Numbers (Zone) that contains objects to be counted. So the schedule list should display; Phase 01 containing: Block 1 = 10 objects, Block3 =12 objects, etc. Phase 02: Contains Block 5=15 objects, etc. I can list blocks with objects, but I cannot bind them to Phases. Objects are a library part and there is a vast number... I don't know how to achieve this the traditional way.

Screenshot 2022-08-26 102110.jpg