Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Mac <-> Windows font exchange problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been experiencing font exchange problems when opening files between Mac/Windows computers. I was able to solve this issue on my iMac using the XReadCfg.txt. Now I need to work remotely so I moved my license to my MacBook Pro. I installed the fonts and copied the XReadCfg.txt file from my iMac. Not working. Any clue what may be happening?

These are the lines I put on the XReadCfg.tx file, not sure what I did I tried several things until it worked.... ...but it does not on both.

FONTPAIR = "Arial Narrow", 238, "Geneva CE", 238 29
FONTPAIR = "Neutra Cond Medium", 238, "Neutraface Condensed Medium", 238 0
FONTPAIR = "Neutra Display Alt", 238, "Neutra Display Bold Alt", 238 0
FONTPAIR = "Neutra Display Thin Alt", 238, "Neutra Display Medium Alt", 238 0

This is how it is supposed to look:

This is how it looks:
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Something happened, ...this is how it's supposed to look:
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Have managed to sort this one out? Do you still need help with this?

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had a similar issue and resolved it by only using shared font (ie Arial). Lame but for automated drawings we're accepting it.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Yeah, this font exchange table thing was always too complicated for me too. I usually simply use the exact same fonts on both platforms and it automatically finds it. I just pay attention to font encoding and such, like I said in this topic:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=65907&p=293951#p293951

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to use the same font but apparently there was a discrepancy in how windows names the font vs how Mac does, so the problem was still there. The config file did it, eventually. Not sure why it stoped working for a while but it is back to consistent now.

Thanks!
C.