BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Marker References and External Drawings

Craig Bagley
Contributor
If I’m reading the AC15 Reference Guide right, I can create a section viewpoint, then switch reference to “the first placed drawing of the selected view”, and place the referenced drawing in a separate .pln file serving as the Layout Book.

However, the marker auto references in the model file won’t fill in with the Layout Book numbers.

After reading a couple posts here, maybe the marker only updates in the Layout Book (which it does successfully). Having discovered this, the wording in the Reference Guide (p. 651) seems a little vague:

“Once the Layout Book that contains the reference drawing is opened alongside the project containing the marker, the marker will fill in the correct drawing data.”

I would have thought the model file marker would fill in automatically with the layout book numbers.

If layouts were kept in the model file, while for some odd reason the placed drawing was in a separate file, looks like it doesn’t work.

Am I missing something?
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!