Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Master Layouts and more

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done this before but for this project nothing I have tried works and all the reading of all the AC-11 Books do not give me a direct 1-2-3 instructions as so..that has not worked either. So...How is a new master layout set up (move by move) and then how is that transferred to each new sheet ? I have tried for 4 hours with all the options that I can imagine.

(Note that I want to use my own page setup/template vs the AC provided templates)

Frustrated again
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well that's a broad question and there's a few ways of doing it, but here's a brief run down:

Right click on the grey Master Layouts folder in the Layout Book view of your Navigator/Organizer and choose New Master Layout. Give it a name. Now it is active and bold in the list, click the Settings button at the bottom of your Navigator/Organizer, under the Properties panel. This is where you can set up the size of the master. The best method IMHO is to choose Import settings from Printer/Plotter from the Size drop down list and let the output device set the size for you. Once the layout is set up, feel free to draw title information on it. To assign it to a layout, in the Navigator/Organizer simply drag the master onto the layout.

That should be enough to get you going...

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link -
Yes I had gotten that far...now what....drag and drop the new master onto the floor plan or the layout book....but it does not register/show....? only the size and not my title block info... What give here...?
Thanks
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Drag the appropriate master from the grey masters folder in the Layout Book view of your Navigator/Organizer and drop it above in the list, onto the layout you want to use that master. Alternatively, you can select the layout, and under the Properties panel at the bottom of the Navigator/Organizer, you can change the master. Alternatively, at the top of the Navigator/Organizer, you can switch the view from Tree by Subsets to Tree by Matsers and drag and drop all the layouts into the appropriate masters folder.

If you still can't see your title block info, make sure the layer of the title info is on. And/or go to Options>Project Preferences>Layouts and select Display Master Layout: Above Layout.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link -
However.....as that may work sometimes...I do not see a title box on the sheets..I even did the complete procedure several times..and still it is as though it is not reading my title box.

There are time that I wish that I could use a pencil !
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link -
However.....as that may work sometimes...I do not see a title box on the sheets..I even did the complete procedure several times..and still it is as though it is not reading my title box.

There are time that I wish that I could use a pencil !
Thanks.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
atelier wrote:
./...I do not see a title box on the sheets../......
Have you checked - Master items on layout?
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Rod wrote:
atelier wrote:
./...I do not see a title box on the sheets../......
Have you checked - Master items on layout?
Yes - or maybe it is set to white? Under Options> Project Preferences> Layouts, have you tried setting the Color of Master Items on the Layout to 'Use item's own colors'?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod gets the gold star, this time...... Who would have ever thought of trying that particular dialogue box ? If ever Graphisoft could give some listing of to achieve this do this....or the reason for ...or the process works best this way, even if there are alternates. Designers/architects do not think like engineers...and we are their market....not smart I would think.
Again thanks a million.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
atelier wrote:
/..... Designers/architects do not think like engineers...and we are their market....not smart I would think.
Again thanks a million.
Glad to assist, atelier
There are a number of listed items that have a degree of ambiguity in their names.
No doubt some may also come with 12
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |