BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Merging dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello fellow Archicad users,

I have the following question: how do you merge two adjacent dimensions in one? The dimensions are part of a longer dimension string but I don't wanna delete the entire row just to fix a part of it. I'm using Archicad 16 on Win7. Thank you in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I understand correctly you have two adjacent Dimension Units within a Dimension Chain. Let's say one is 1.20, the other is 1.50, and you want them to be one dimension of 2.70.
Click to select the Dimension Point between the two Dimension Units and press Delete.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo! Yes, you understood right and I followed your instructions and here's what I got. I can edit/remove the two old dimensions which I don't need but the witness line between them is still there.
Dim.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Then I suspect that two Dimension chains are on top of each other. The Dimension chain somehow got duplicated.
Just select one of them and delete it. The other should stay there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It worked this time perfectly. It must have been a bug. The chain wasn't duplicated. But now everything's ok. Thank you!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Then it was probably a display quirk of some kind which disappeared when the display was refereshed.

You might want to make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers. This could be a driver glitch.
Learn and get certified!