BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Missing text layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

If i work in 2D and then i place drawing on the layout go back to 2D and back to the layout usually the text is missing (header).
The text that is missing is the text written on the layout not in the 2d work place.
I can get the text back if i turn the layer on but everytime to do that is time consuming.
Why is the text missing if i switch between 2d work and layout?
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
I am not sure why.
The layout book has it own layers that should stay as you set them and going back to the floor plan then back to the layout should not change the layers in the layout book.
Even if you change layers in the plan.

I tend to put everything in the layout book in the Archicad layer so it can never be turned off.

Layers in the layout book are pretty much useless in my opinion as you can't have separate layers for each layout and they do not affect what is in the drawings placed there as that is controlled from the layer combination saved with the view.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see that it is not only on the layout. If i switch between floor plan and the worksheet, new layers from worksheet dissappear after i go to floor plan and i have to turn them back on... Why is this?
Barry Kelly
Are you using the Project Map to open your views?
The Project Map does not remember the layers (or any other settings).
You must save a view in the View Map so it stores the layer combination, scale, model view option, dimension style, etc.
When you open these View Map views they will remember all the settings.

Also in 20 if you are using the TAB bar to switch between open views then that should remember the view as you last set it.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes i am using the project map to navigate on the different views. Why it doesn't remember the layers?
From what i see, this happens usually to lines/texts i imported from another dwg file.
Barry Kelly
The Project Map only contains one Viewpoint for each view of your model.
You manually choose the layers, scale, dimension style, model view options, etc., that you want to use when you look at this Viewpoint.

The View Map is where you save specific views of the Viewpoints where you set the desired layers, scale, dimension style, model view options, etc., that you want when ever you open this view.
You can have multiple copies of the same viewpoint so you can 'view' it at different scales or for example have a floor plan, electrical plan, and site plan all from the same storey viewpoint.

It is these Views that you place on your layout pages so then you now they will always have the exact settings you want.

As you navigate your plan you just have to remember if you are selecting viewpoints from the project map you must also set the properties as to how you want to view it.
If you select views from the view map then you have already set up the view properties so it will automatically open as you want it.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!