Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Multiple plan views - for detail

matleonii
Booster
Hello,

I'm using archicad to detail some of the furniture wood work of a project.
I'd like to know if it is possible for me to create extra "plan views" in different hights. In the case of this furniture I need a plan view on the indicated "section marks" in the image below.

I know I could just do a detail but if I do that I lose the future changes, and as everything I need to show is already modelded a regular plan view (the same way the section tool works) would be perfect.

I've already tried to use ctrl+7 and creat the plan view as floors and change it's cut hight, but that didn't worked.
Also tried to alter the order of positioning of elements in the view of the plan, but that alter the order of the elements in every copy of the view. If I could create multiple plan views out of the same model that can have independent elements orders it would be also perfect.

Any help would be awesome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend
@matleonii

The 3D Document will display whatever you have modelled as if you cut a slice through it. You can't move elements visually back or forward. In the 3D Document settings you can alter the location of the cut plane and also where the display should stop. So for example you could take a slice through the wall cupboard and exclude the base cupboard & worktop below.

See if this helps https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/77411/
and scroll down to 3D Document Floor Plan Projection Panel for more specific guidance on the cuts.

You can add 2D annotations just like other plan drawings for dimensions, hatchings & masking fills etc.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can always duplicate the Plan View Map and change the Floor Plan Cut Plane (AKA FPCP).
You can find information here.
Hope that helps.

p.s.: Ah! And you can place a linked section marker inside your section and link it to the plan View Map.
DGSketcher
Legend
Try "New 3D document from floor plan" more info here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76809/

This way you can produce as many plans as you like without worrying about element display orders as they will be displayed as if you had just sliced the top off your model. You can do a lot to control the display style so it might take a little bit of effort to set up your initial drawing.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
@ matleonii

Ok I got it. So you are having trouble with the display order among different elements appearing on the same plan. For this, you can select what is visible in individual plan using the FPCP settings. Check the options "Down to" and "Up to" (or something like that). Then you also have to check every element it they are "To floor plan range"/"Entire Element"/"Absolute Display Range".
Hope that helps.
matleonii
Booster
DGSketcher wrote:
Try "New 3D document from floor plan" more info here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76809/

This way you can produce as many plans as you like without worrying about element display orders as they will be displayed as if you had just sliced the top off your model. You can do a lot to control the display style so it might take a little bit of effort to set up your initial drawing.
Thanks for your answer!
I managed to create a 3D document but it doesn't seem to allow me to change the order from the elements there. It doesn't make selectable the elements under or obove others (the ones that are not showing on the original plan), even if I send an object to the back.
What I need is to have this slice of the floor plan on different levels than the one from the original floor plan, to show the elements that are already 3d modelded but not showing on the floor plan 1,2m cut plan.
Is that possible using the 3D from the floor plan?
matleonii
Booster
Braza wrote:
You can always duplicate the Plan View Map and change the Floor Plan Cut Plane (AKA FPCP).
You can find information here.
Hope that helps.

p.s.: Ah! And you can place a linked section marker inside your section and link it to the plan View Map.
Thanks for your answer!
I noticed that the FPCP seems like a global setting. So when I change it it affect the other copys os the plan views. I need to have multiple plan views with different orders of elements in each one of them, so that I can show the elements that are modelded that are under and above the ones showing on the original plan view cut plan (1,2m).
Is that possible? I know I could make the visualizations I want on the plan view by altering the order of the elements, but I don't know how keep the original and have this others I want to create.
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend
@matleonii

The 3D Document will display whatever you have modelled as if you cut a slice through it. You can't move elements visually back or forward. In the 3D Document settings you can alter the location of the cut plane and also where the display should stop. So for example you could take a slice through the wall cupboard and exclude the base cupboard & worktop below.

See if this helps https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/77411/
and scroll down to 3D Document Floor Plan Projection Panel for more specific guidance on the cuts.

You can add 2D annotations just like other plan drawings for dimensions, hatchings & masking fills etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher solution is another option. But I tend to avoid 3d documents for performance issues.
matleonii wrote:
I noticed that the FPCP seems like a global setting. So when I change it it affect the other copys os the plan views.

Not really. You have to set individual FPCP to each View Map. Like this.

Barry Kelly
Braza wrote:
DGSketcher solution is another option. But I tend to avoid 3d documents for performance issues.
matleonii wrote:
I noticed that the FPCP seems like a global setting. So when I change it it affect the other copys os the plan views.

Not really. You have to set individual FPCP to each View Map. Like this.

Just to clarify.
You have only one plan view point on the Project Map, and the FPCP settings will affect how this is seen on screen.

However you can save as many views of the floor plan as you want in the View Map.
Each of these views can have different settings for the FPCP height, which is saved with the view (as well as layer combination, scale, pen set, graphic override, etc.).

It is these views that you can open on the screen to save you constantly manually adjusting the FPCP height, and these views are also what you will place on your layouts as drawings, so they automatically show what you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly Barry.
And finally... When you finish all your changes, don't forget to select the view map and right-click: "Save the View with the current settings".
Hope that helps.