BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Multiple "Details" on one "sheet"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've also found a bit frustrating that each Detail via the Detail tool opens up in a new "sheet".

There are often times where there are three details on my floor plan, say Junction 1, Junction 2, and Junction 3. There are very similar, but different enough that I need three separate details for each Junction.

If I use the Detail Tool, it means it produces three separate "Details". So if i'm working on Detail 1, and want to see what I did on Detail 2, I'd have to flick to another tab, and vice versa. This issue is compounded if I have say 10 Details, I'd be constantly navigating through the Navigation list and find the other details to look up what I did there.

Is it possible to have multiple Details, but have them all laid out on one sheet? So I can see all of them at one time. That would be very helpful.

Ben
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
benjamin_chan wrote:
Is it possible to have multiple Details, but have them all laid out on one sheet? So I can see all of them at one time. That would be very helpful.
Yes, it is called a layout page.

You can even set the layout as a trace reference while you are working on a particular detail, so you can see all of them while you work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, yes I did think of it. However, it is not exactly what I was am after.

A lot of times I'd want to copy something from one Detail to another. If I did your method, I'd have to constantly go between the Trace Reference and the Detail.

I was more asking if there was a way of having multiple details on one 2D worksheet and can edit all of them without switching tabs.
Barry Kelly
You can have as many details in a in detail/worksheet as you want by simply copying & pasting to the side or start drawing a new detail next to the original.
The only problem is only the original links back to the source.

This would be fine if you don't want to re-build from source view and you don't want to place individual detail/worksheet markers on your model as each one will create a new detail/worksheet.

If you want to place individual detail markers then I think you are stuck with individual details.

If you have all these individual details on on layout sheet, then have this detail sheet as a trace reference in the details, you will see all the details at once as mentioned before.
Then when in the detail you can switch to the trace reference which will open the layout page.
Then select the detail and 'open source view' will open that detail.
This will save you going through the navigator lit to find the detail.

It is late on a Friday now, so I may have to give this more of a think and experiment later.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
If I'm understanding this correctly, you certainly can have all of your similar details in one Detail tab. Then just zoom into each detail and "Save View and Place on Layout" from there. (Right-click and use context menu.) All the views on the layout will reference the same detail tab and have to be renamed, but you can use linked markers to reference each of these views sent to layout. There will be a bit of adjustment on the layout page because the bounding boxes won't be exact, but not bad.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!