Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Multiple viewports on a single Sheet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't been using ArchiCAD for some time.
I wondering if the following option is available in the newest ArchiCAD:

To have two or more viewports on a single Layout Sheet, where those viewports come from the same floor plan. Is this available in the latest ArchiCAD (or any other version)?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
You can put as many views as you want, and these views can come from anywhere whether they be the exact same drawing, a different layer combination, a different type or even from a different file.

I find that it is sometimes a good idea to turn all of the viewports to manual update when you have a lot of them, otherwise you end up waiting for views to update every time something is modified even if that thing is not visible in the view...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Maybe I am not understanding what you want to do but AFAIK you could do that since minimum AC08 (the one I started with).
To clarify the workflow:

1. Floor Plan: Model View is saved as
2. View which is placed on
3. Layout
4. GOTO 01
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you ejrolon,

So it is possible to put two or more viewports on a single Layout Sheet, where those viewports come from the same floor plan?

Believe it or not, in Revit you can not do this. You can put a single viewport from a single floor plan on a single Layout. If you want to have two of those, you have to duplicate the floor plan (that is basically floor plan view).
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
You can put as many views as you want, and these views can come from anywhere whether they be the exact same drawing, a different layer combination, a different type or even from a different file.

I find that it is sometimes a good idea to turn all of the viewports to manual update when you have a lot of them, otherwise you end up waiting for views to update every time something is modified even if that thing is not visible in the view...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply Lingwisyer!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
nedostizni wrote:
Believe it or not, in Revit you can not do this. You can put a single viewport from a single floor plan on a single Layout. If you want to have two of those, you have to duplicate the floor plan (that is basically floor plan view).
Yes, Revit is more limited in this regard. You can place any single View only once on a Sheet.
ARCHICAD is much more flexible in this.
By the way, in ARCHICAD these are called Drawings, not Viewports, and the source of a Drawing is usually a saved View (there can be other source types as well).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27