BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Need to lighten up materials in Elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done some searching but couldn't find anything to help me. I would like for some of the materials on my elevations to be somewhat lighter. I PDF most of my drawings, and the materials sometimes come out too dark. Example, If i use a brick face on my composite wall, in elevation the brick jumps out. In certain situations I would like the brick to be almost invisible in elevation. I have looked at materials and pens and just am not seeing anything. I'm sure its something simple and Im just not seeing the forrest for the trees. In the example, the stonework is too dark. I would like it to be lighter. What am I missing here?
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
In your material settings dialogue you can choose the pen for your hatching.
It can be by element pen which means you control it by the element pen settings or you can choose a particular pen so that hatch in that material where ever it is used will always appear with the same pen colour and thickness (unless you change pen sets).
Barry.
hatch_pen.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,
Thanks for the reply. I do use different pen/lineweights for different items. But for some reason when I PDF them, there is no difference that i can see in them. These two walls in the picture are different lineweights, but no discernable diff that I can see. What gives here? Any ideas anyone?
FACADE2.PNG
Barry Kelly
If you Publish your PDF through the Publisher then check the Document Settings.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
If you print directly from Archicad as a PDF then you will have a similar option.
Barry.
PDF line weight_2.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
If you Publish your PDF through the Publisher then check the Document Settings.
Barry.
I always publish this way and the hairline box is never checked. There has to be something that I am missing. Is there not some other way to make it more transparent other than pen settings?
What Pen Set are you using?
If you change to a generic one, like "Architectural 100", the problem is still there?
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Learn and get certified!