Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

New computer, now doors & windows and their labels missing

afv
Contributor

Hi all,

I just installed AC 25 (haven't updated to 26 yet) on a new computer. I moved my license over, and updated to the latest version of 25. Now when I open models I was working on, the windows and doors are missing and replaced with big black dots. The "NCS Indicator25 labels" are missing too. Something might be off with the libraries? Any thoughts? Thank you!

Black Dots.pngMissing Windows & Doors.png
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

@afv wrote:

Something might be off with the libraries? Any thoughts? Thank you!

Check your library manager and see what warnings you have and if any libraries are missing.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

The library that your doors and windows are from is not loaded into the file. You need to open up the Library Manager and check to see which library/objects are missing and then load that library into your project. 

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX
Lingwisyer
Guru

Not using a 3rd party library? You will need to instal those seperately.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Yup, missing windows, doors, NCS Indicator label. These are just out of the box items though, why wouldn't they be included in the library when I downloaded AC on my new computer? Any idea how to get them onto my new computer?  Thanks so much for your help!

Missing Library Parts.png
afv
Contributor

Aaaaaaand I had downloaded the INT version. D'oh! I uninstalled, reinstalled the USA version, works like a charm. Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Yes that would be it.

Doors, windows, labels and some other objects are completely different in different language versions and are not compatible from language version to language version.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11