BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

OPEN GL ERROR ISSUES?

rob2218
Enthusiast

what has happened is as follows:

1) file was working "ok", then from time to time an "open gl" error happens where I can no longer rotate and spin the model using the Open GL engine?

2) the file crashes consitently to the point where I have to hit the entire PC reboot button.

3) I've been told my 'libraries' if properly clean out to the point where I do not get over 4600 warnings would help in file stability.

How can I fix this Open GL error crashing issue? I'm will to pay whatever it takes to get this F%$ file fixed.

thanks,

OPEN-GL-ISSUES.png
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15

Is this running on PC or Mac?  You have windows 7 as your PC software, I would almost bet this is the majority of the issue. If you are running ac on your PC when this is happening.

I'm guessing that your drivers are out of date because you literally can't update them on windows 7 to get current.

Also your screen shot basically says get a better machine, specifically your graphics card.

Posting your machine specs in your signature would help too for trouble shooting purpose 

Windows 10.

PC - Dell 7730 with some good components.

I've updated my drivers...still crashes the file.

I've had a buddy 'swear' it's the libraries. that I have to "clean out" my libraries so's that I don't get 4600+ warning messages when I open the files.

I'm not to sure it's the graphic card. I've updated all drivers the past 3 weeks...consistently and it still keeps crashing.

I think it's a 'file issue" and I'm leaning toward what my friend stated regarding the library files....that I have too many 'warnings' in the libraries. Duplicate object parts...etc..

He's logic was that when Archicad finds TWO right answers...it tends to freak out.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

Ahh knowing you're not on win 7 changes things, what are your components? As Archicad is saying they are not sufficient, if you can upload the libraries and plan I'll take a look.

If you have that many library errors and lots of duplicates that could be a big problem for sure.

I assume you have the error pop up turned off if you have that many errors?

I always keep my libraries clean, duplicate items are unacceptable lol to me.

I have always had issues with duplicates thus why I remediate the problem immediately if it pops up.

I’m going to send off my library files (folders) and the PLN to a friend of my who’s an crack-shot Archicad guru. This guy knows his ‘chit’……so I’m trusting that he may be able to clean out the library folders, then I’ll have to relink the libraries back into the 2 projects I’ll be using as a template from here on out to create other projects. It’s just annoying as FO that there’s no easy way to purge out/clean out/remove duplicate objects from the library folders.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

It's actually super easy if you always start clean. I'm still blown away you have that many errors and can still work.

"...Still blown away"...yeah well...there's no way to 'start clean' cause all your libraries, custom objects, custom "everything" is in the previous file...and well, you can't simply just open up a stock Archicad 24 template and begin work. You'd be having to duplicate a $h!t-load of already created standards for clients so you need to be able to grab a file, saveas..the project and continue from there.

My friend cleaned out the file to where I only now have 15 warnings or so...but today I got a "kernel someting" error message. Hubboy this $h!t just doesn't end...does it.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

here's the 'new' error message I'm getting now. GEEEZ..this d&%m thing has become so unstable of late.

KERNEL-EXCEPTION.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

Hmm, do you have another machine to test on for the error? You may have a faulty video card, I would completely uninstall the driver's and then reinstall

If you are getting kernel errors it's likely not just Archicad if at all.

Learn and get certified!