Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Open View on Layout has a random graphic override applied

David F
Contributor

Became aware of an interesting bug(?) when placing Interior Elevations onto a layout.

It might also be affecting other view types but unsure.

If the corresponding source view is open in the background, the placed view then has an unknown graphic override applied.

However, once the source view is closed, and the drawing manually updated, the layout displays correctly.

And then if we reopen the view, the view automatically updates and reverts back to having a graphic override active.

Attached are a pair of screen grabs showing the view 'DDA-S' open in the background and closed (visible in the tabs above), and how its placed view appears on the layout. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It's a relatively minor bug as we can ensure we close all open views prior to publishing, but would rather avoid it from happening in the first place.

Our office just updated to 27.2, but has occurred prior to the update according to my colleague who was utilizing IE's heavily the past few weeks. It may also be affecting other view types, as I had a a similar issue with 3D Documents last week, but have since resolved it by tweaking that particular graphic override combination.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 14.2.1

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 10.03.57 am.png

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 10.07.49 am.png

1 REPLY 1
figge
Booster

Life saver...!!!

I just had the very same problem and could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong.

Works just like you wrote, as soon as I close the viewport window and update the layout it all becomes normal again.

W10 Pro | ArchiCAD 27 5003 AUS FULL | Twinmotion

Setup info provided by author