BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PBC of duplicated module on floors above and below

strom32
Participant

As per the subject. We have a project that has duplicated the floor plan over 10 stories and we are finding that the module is not performing PBC to itself. We have check the settings and obvious issues which are set correctly. Are there any non-obvious settings that must be set for this to work?

AC23
15 REPLIES 15
DGSketcher
Legend

@strom32 The non-obvious settings may be obvious to others. You might want to be a bit more specific about your PBC issues, it could be something really simple or it may be a known issue.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast

What number has priority of module Master Layer of the module? It interferes with PBC. It shoud be set to "0" othervise it will change priorities of object layers in module.

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com

Hmm, I thought that would work and tried it but it didn't. Your reply is a example of non-obvious solutions that if correct should be included in the Archicad Manual. We can't find anything in the manual that would assist us in this instance. All media that we can find for PBC demonstrates PBC with non-moduled models and no complexity.

AC23

I should mention too that the module has no problems with SEO to elements that are not within itself and that are not other modules.

AC23

I should mention too that the module has no problems with SEO to elements that are not within itself and that are not other modules so far.

AC23
DGSketcher
Legend

Modules are notoriously bad for maintaining building materials. If a material name is changed (duplicated) on import due to a mismatch, however minor, the building materials will not merge.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
DGSketcher
Legend

Is your module geometry and placement absolutely accurate? Even a tiny drafting error will create joint lines.

Samplel of your file would help in search for solution. Can you share it?

It is quiet interresting problem. We use modules a lot and I have never experineced a major problem with PBC so it will help us prevent them.

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com

We place our storey modules in the same model on the negative levels. So they exist sub-tereanean and are then published and hotlinked into the model on the positive levels. So we suspect Building Material mismatches are not possible with this method.

AC23
Learn and get certified!