Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF in AC11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried Saving a drawing in PDF format from AC11 and all the text is missing in the PDF. The PDF that is made in AC11 will not open up in Photoshop CS. This happens in both Windows XP and Windows Vista Hme Premium.
5 REPLIES 5
Thomas Holm
Booster
SCSCadMan wrote:
I tried Saving a drawing in PDF format
Exactly how did you do this? Print to PDF? Publish?

First, try viewing the PDF in Adobe Reader (free). If that works, the problem isn't in Archicad.

Then, If you have Adobe PDF Printer (which I believe is included with all Photoshops) and Publish to PDF failed, you could try to Print using Adobe's PDF printer driver.

If that also fails, I would guess you're using a faulty font. Try changing all your text to another font. If the one you're using is a TrueType font, change if possible to a Postscript font (some are included with Photoshop) or vice versa. Then test both ways of creating a PDF again.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
NandoMogollon
Advocate
we had the same problem a few days ago... it was a non-licensed font.

But try all the others possible solutions (Thomas).

Regards
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Pete
Newcomer
Me too. I reported this to GS and got help from my reseller. GS is messing with it.

Only some fonts are affected. Unfortunately for me, ARchitxt is a font I have been using for many years with AC and it won't show up in PDF (unless I print to the old Amyuni driver from AC10, XP only). So all text in my old projects has to be changed if I bring them into AC11 on Vista.
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this problem for a while with the built in publisher. It is spotty at best. The same font shows in some places and not others (same type i.e. labels, dims). To avoid this frustrating mess. I print to pdf with an external pdf print driver (pdf995). Other that not having linked markers, this file ends up much better. Much cleaner, and has a smaller file size. One project in particular had a 5+ mb file where with the print option was about 3.2mb. Not to mention that the printed pdf was something that was acceptable to be released to the client. I hope that any pdf publishing is VASTLY improved down the line.
Jefferson
Participant
Not sure if this is applicable, [still working in ver 10 here], but the advanced options when saving a PDF allow, or have allowed us to save licenced fonts............see attached
advanced font options.gif
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com