Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having trouble printing or publishing to a pdf both in ArchiCAD and Plotmaker. If I try and publish the PDF converter is sending me an error that my LPT1 port is not connected. I reset my pdf to a local port but it did not seem to help. When printing from ArchiCAD all it will output is a .PRN file not a pdf. Help if you can thanks.

G$
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
.prn is a generic of pdf. It was made by the amunyi driver. For Acrobat to read it, just change the extension to .pdf.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
when printing with pdf converter ,if you mark the print to file box,the output will be with .prn extention, no need to change the extention,just open the file with adobe reader. but if you unmark the print to file,the extention will be .pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
pdf converter is not a real printer. use the print to file option when you have no printer and want to print your file with another computer with no AC program.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I find that like you, very few people know what .prn is. They are more comfortable with the .pdf extension. It only takes a moment to change the extension and clients are much happier
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Djordje
Ace
G$ wrote:
I am having trouble printing or publishing to a pdf both in ArchiCAD and Plotmaker. If I try and publish the PDF converter is sending me an error that my LPT1 port is not connected. I reset my pdf to a local port but it did not seem to help. When printing from ArchiCAD all it will output is a .PRN file not a pdf. Help if you can thanks.

G$
Do NOT check the Print to file box. It is printing to file as it is.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help everyone. There are still a few things that are somehow different from this station and my other one. The process seems straight forward on the other station. Regardless your replies have solved my immediate problems. Cheers G$
Anonymous
Not applicable
farzinassadi wrote:
pdf converter is not a real printer. use the print to file option when you have no printer and want to print your file with another computer with no AC program.
Are you sure about this?
I tried once (in AC) but it doesn't work,although many program have this option i never manage to do something.Maybe you need additional software to do that.