BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF publishing trouble in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently still using AC12 for Mac, but planning to upgrade to AC14 next month.

Yesterday I upgraded to OS10.6.7 (snow leopard), after being assured that AC12 works well with it.

Now I am cannot publish my layout sheet in PDF format. The process fails and the application quits.

I tried publishing a different file from a different project but got the same failure result. I even shut down the computer and turned it on and tried the routine again without any success.

I could publish it in JPG format but of course it's not to scale.

I am now in a real bind!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Does this ArchicadWiki article help?

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Mac_OSX_10.6.7_Update_Causes_PDF_Font_Issues

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was having the same problem publishing in AC11 - crashing every time. Resorted to Printing instead, using the "Save as PDF" option, and I could still do so with selected layouts all combining to one file (contrary to what the Wiki article suggests)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks you both for responding. It seems like I have made the situation worse.

First I checked all the fonts on the plan file and the master layout sheet. There only three types, Ariel, Helvetica and Abdi MT Extra Condensed Extra Bold. None of them Postscript.

I then reinstalled the OS 10.6.3.

Then I started AC 12 and the following pop-up message (see attachment), basically saying I should install QUicktime 7 or later. Mind you I already had Quicktime X (pro version). In my haste I deleted from my computer (now probably have to pay for it again, since it's a pro version) and tried to install the standard Quicktime 7 freshly downloaded from Apple's website.

An error message comes saying Quicktime 7 can't be installed because I already have Quicktime X in my computer! I did the Spotlight search and came up empty. Restarting the computer and repeating the steps didn't help.

I also downloaded the installer for OS update 10.6.6.dmg. When I double clicked on it a pop up message came on saying it cannot be opened!

I trying to keep my cool and reassure myself that all of this will be worked out and I hope VERY SOON.

P.S. Before I posted my first distress message on this post I did use the Print feature and save it as a PDF file. I created a D-size sheet for the page set up. I won't of the it will be properly printed on a D-size sheet till tomorrow.

Here is hoping for the best.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

With help from Apple support I was able to straighten out the Quicktime issue and properly download and install OS 10.6.6.

Now I am able to publish the layout sheets in PDF format. YEAH!!!!!

Thank you very much for providing me the archicadwiki link.

TEX
Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m having the same problem but the fonts I´m using are all True Type. Everytime I try to publish into a PDF my archicad opens up the Bug Report app. What should i do, i´m so frustrated. FYI, i have the snow leopard font update.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was having publishing problem with PDF files even though I didn't have any OpenType PostScript fonts.

I was told this maybe due to a bug in Apple's java script for OS10.6.7. So as suggested in ArchicadWiki I went back to OS 10.6.6. and the PDF publishing works fine in AC12 now.

I hope OS 10.6.6 solution works for you as well.

Tex
Learn and get certified!