BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM Cannot Find Plotter Driver

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a user who is publishing from PlotMaker. He set up everything correctly -- even selecting the appropriate Xerox driver supplied by ArchiCAD. When he publishes, PlotMaker thinks for about 4 mintes, then pops up the error you see in the graphic below. Once you click the OK button, it says that it plotted correctly, but nothing comes out of the plotter.

Since he already chose the plotter when he set up the publishing set, how can it be missing? What causes this error, and how do we get around it? As usual, we are in a crunch and need to figure this one out quickly.

MissingPMDriver.gif
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
I have a user who is publishing from PlotMaker.
Did he try straigthforward printing or plotting? If the layout book is set up properly, why publish? You probably do hjave a reason, but straightforward printing or plotting is probably a better solution.

HTH.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Eduardo Rolon
Is he Printing to file?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Is he Printing to file?
I forgot to mention he's plotting to a DWG file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
DWG is not a plot format. It is no wonder that the Xerox doesn't understand it. HPGL should work. (Though there might be other things going on as well.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait a minute! I'm an idiot. I'm getting my problems mixed up.

He was trying to publish directly to the printer. The error occurred at the end of the process just before PM checks off the sheet as having been successful -- even though it isn't successful because nothing is plotted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
PlotMaker only knows if the plot has been sent, not if it was successfully received, nor whether the plotter knows what to do with it. It might be worth plotting to files and using PlotFlow to send them to the Xerox. Does the plotter report receiving files?
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
Wait a minute! I'm an idiot. I'm getting my problems mixed up.

He was trying to publish directly to the printer. The error occurred at the end of the process just before PM checks off the sheet as having been successful -- even though it isn't successful because nothing is plotted.
Jay, bear with me ...

1. Did he try clicking on Print?

2. What is the reason for Publishing instead of Printing the layout book?

You can't plot to DWG ... 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!