Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM Grid Line shows when i plot

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the PM i made a grid for drawing number on the master layout.
I chose the option hide all then intersect with drawings.
the problem that when i plot it appears all the grid line even if it's intersecting the drawing.
Does anyone have a clue?
Thank you
PS:i'm using a xerox plotter 8825
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
gobel wrote:
On the PM i made a grid for drawing number on the master layout.
I chose the option hide all then intersect with drawings.
the problem that when i plot it appears all the grid line even if it's intersecting the drawing.
Does anyone have a clue?
Thank you
PS:i'm using a xerox plotter 8825
My understanding is that this is a bug when plotting, but not printing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So i think i have to wait until they fix the bug, and i hide all and make the ones that they should appear manual.
Saco
Quit plotting and the problem will go away. Make .pdf's and print that. Why does anyone use .plt's anyway? is it better in some way?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

__archiben
Booster
or: make your grid lines a 'dense dotted' white line (pen 91). if you set your preferences so that all items on the master show as one colour, the grids will show in the layout but appear never to plot . . .

(i think this was a nasty bug introduced in one of the latest patches . . . graphisoft are aware, as far as i know . . .)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
but like this it will not appear when it's not intersecting a drawing as well, which i don't want.
Djordje
Ace
gobel wrote:
Why are you plotting? Print.

Today's "plotters" are nothing but large format printers.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
djordje-

that may be true, but plotting is about 5 times as fast as printing postscript, at least in our office. There is no wait while the postscript card processes data - the hpgl goes straight from the program to the plotter...

this bug we're talking about was introduced in the last hotfix, and I haven't installed it for that reason. no way am I going to try and change 20 people's plotting habits over GS's problems. The big question is, when are they going to fix it?

Wes
TomWaltz
Participant
Djordje wrote:
gobel wrote:
Why are you plotting? Print.

Today's "plotters" are nothing but large format printers.
Also because the Plotting functions LOOK better, and some architects still care about that....
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
Weston wrote:
that may be true, but plotting is about 5 times as fast as printing postscript, at least in our office. There is no wait while the postscript card processes data - the hpgl goes straight from the program to the plotter...
Hm, yes, Macs were always so CAD oriented ...

No, don't change people's habits, that is dangerous. Old is gold.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen