Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PUBLISHER SKIPPING PAGES

DennisG
Participant
I'm trying to print out a PDF set of layouts, 30"x42", 19 sheets total and am noticing a scary bug.

Every time I publish, I notice that one or two sheets are shown as saved, but with no size shown in the "Publishing" list.

- Opening the PDF set shows that the saved sheets of no size are not in the set - even though "Publishing" shows "19/19 done".

- The sheets not saving change every time Publisher is run.

I'm printing to 600 DPI, combining PDFs to a single file.

I've tried exiting out of ArchiCAD, restarting ArchiCAD, reopening the file - with the same results.

I've run Publisher over ten times, with the same result - one or two sheets being left out.

I'm using the latest build of ArchiCAD 17, updated early July.

Help!

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ArchiCAD-64 23 3003 USA FULL
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
Sorry no answer for you but have you tried publishing as separate PDFs rather than combining into one file?
It would be interesting to see if it creates a zero size file.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis

I've had similar issues with certain fills (they were created in V6 ish) that have thrown out the PDF publishing process.
On the 2 layouts that are not publishing, recreate the same views but in the model view options for the views set all the override fill display options to no fill.
Then republish the set. If the layouts with issues publish you then have to start the fun game of hunting down the problematic fills!

Hope that helps
DennisG
Participant
Barry wrote:
Sorry no answer for you but have you tried publishing as separate PDFs rather than combining into one file?
It would be interesting to see if it creates a zero size file.
Barry.
Thanks for your response, Barry.
I turned off the "print to single file" option and printed individual PDFs, and encountered the same problem - 4 out of 17 didn't save, even though they were indicated as saved.

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
DennisG
Participant
Kristian wrote:
Dennis

I've had similar issues with certain fills (they were created in V6 ish) that have thrown out the PDF publishing process.
On the 2 layouts that are not publishing, recreate the same views but in the model view options for the views set all the override fill display options to no fill.
Then republish the set. If the layouts with issues publish you then have to start the fun game of hunting down the problematic fills!

Hope that helps
Thanks, Kristin.

Oddly enough, the sheets that aren't saved changes each time Publisher runs.

I wish the same sheets didn't save, as in your case - would narrow down the possibilities.

Thanks again,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Barry Kelly
Anything to do with the GIFs you mentioned in another post?
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
Maybe select each page separately and "Publish selected items" to see if you can narrow it down to a particular page that just won't print.
As it seems to be a random page that doesn't print try and see if a single page on its own will or won't print.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
DennisG
Participant
Barry wrote:
Anything to do with the GIFs you mentioned in another post?
Barry.
I eliminated the non-printing GIF problem by changing the signature file format to JPG, and now the signatures print.

That'll teach me to deviate from advised procedure...

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
DennisG
Participant
Barry wrote:
Maybe select each page separately and "Publish selected items" to see if you can narrow it down to a particular page that just won't print.
As it seems to be a random page that doesn't print try and see if a single page on its own will or won't print.
Barry.
What I eventually did was to batch print the PDFs as separate files. I was able to print the ones that weren't saved in the batch printing did individually, as separate files.

Kind of defeats the purpose of Publisher.

Sure hope this bug gets worked out - I generally really enjoy the publishing process - such a pleasure to use compared to AC 6.5 when I first started using AC.

Thanks again,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Barry Kelly
Just minutes ago I had an even stranger thing happen.
One of my users sent me a file where one PDF out of a group of twelve "Failed" when publishing.
I created a new layout - same master and copied all the info across and that published fine.
Deleted all the original stuff in the layout so just the master was left and it still failed.
Changed the master in the original and it still failed.
So I thought if a new layout with the same info but a different name publishes I will just change the name of the original and guess what it worked.
I changed the name back to the original name and it still published.
So to check I re-opened the file (without saving) and tried to publish again - it failed.
I selected the name in the publisher list and typed in exactly what was there before and it published with no problem.

And just to confirm I got the user to do exactly the same and re-name the publisher file and it worked for him to.
This was all on version 15 though.

What is the reason behind that one?

Barry
Versions 6.5 to 27