BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Placed Drawings (or bits thereof) going Blank after update?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem with a few of my page layouts.

The drawings placed on some of them "disappear" when they update.

I haven't moved the drawings around in the drawing (model) space, nor do I "find" the drawings by stretching the "viewport" out forever.

So I have to re-place the drawing every time, and every time it updates, it disappears again. Completely.

The only change I make to the drawing after I place it is for it to show in Black and White instead of per its pen settings.

The funny part is, only one elevation out of four does this, but both my electrical plans do it, and so far everything else is OK. When I right-click on the blank viewport and select "open source view", the drawing shows as expected (leading me to believe it's not a visible-layer issue).

ALSO (separate but maybe related problem)... some of the pieces of my drawings don't print. They show in the drawing, they show on the layout, but they don't show up on the paper. They're on the same layer as other stuff that prints fine. This happens on ONE PAGE, in the same file as above. I've noticed neither of these problems in any of my other files (so far).

This is happening on the E521 (work machine). I've not yet tried to open this file on the E1505 (personal machine).

Thanks for reading, and many advance thanks for any insight you can offer.

EDIT: I'm guessing this is related (or the same thing) as the "viewmap" question. Sorry for doubleposting... I'll read that thread carefully.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok... I tried everything listed in that other thread, most of which was visible-layer stuff, and nothing worked.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jozzz wrote:
Ok... I tried everything listed in that other thread, most of which was visible-layer stuff, and nothing worked.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks...

Maybe you can verify the link open drawing settings check the path, furthermore if you opened source view and the drawing appears..open your layout settings and goto frame and select fit to frame. is sounds like a combination of actions you will have to verify. And once again check your layer combinations.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Jozzz, maybe you have your drawings far away from the project origin (0,0) and when you place the drawings on the layout you have the "Use drawing's internal origin as anchor" selected from the properties?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
this picture say all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Achille wrote:
Jozzz, maybe you have your drawings far away from the project origin (0,0) and when you place the drawings on the layout you have the "Use drawing's internal origin as anchor" selected from the properties?
A remote project origin can cause all sorts of weirdness. I have worked on a few of projects with origins set many miles (in one case thousands) from the site. If this is your problem I recommend you make the move and get your project close to the origin. This may be a big pain in the neck if you already have lots of layouts and drawings already set up, but if the problem is a remote origin you can expect ongoing problems.

BTW: If you have to use the remote origin for coordination with other consultants/trades you can make a separate file for exporting the 3D and hotlink the working model to its remote location.
Learn and get certified!