BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Placed views missing from layouts

R Muller
Enthusiast
AC18, Teamwork, build 7007. Just upgraded to OS 10.11, El Capitan.

Worked on some layouts after the upgrade, all was well and they looked like they should. But all of a sudden all the content disappeared from ALL my layouts, even ones I haven't worked on. Refresh/ rebuild didn't help. Tried saving send and receive, quit ArchiCAD, no improvement. Status is OK in drawing manager.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
2 REPLIES 2
R Muller
Enthusiast
OK, it was the old layer issue. I just panicked because of my recent upgrades of AC18 and the operating system. Turned on the relevant layer and the placed drawings appeared.

Does anyone know WHY layers are different in the model and layout book? Why can placed drawings be on any layer that can be turned off? Does it have something to do with bringing in legacy plot maker files? Does anybody ever actually USE this feature?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
R Muller:

My default layer for Drawings is the ArchiCAD layer (cannot be hidden), this can be set in your template file. I use the ArchiCAD layer for all Layout elements, except in the rare case when there may be some elements for special issues (like "Not For Construction", or an image of my seal).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!