Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Placing drawing on layout AC26

clints
Booster

In being pulled kicking and screaming into AC26, we're running into an issue of placing drawings onto the layouts. The first drawing placement comes in as it normally would. However, any subsequent drawing placement onto the same layout creates an additional layout and dumps the drawing onto that layout. Then, we have to cut that drawing and paste it into the original, intended layout. Lastly, delete the new layout that was created. Not the end of the world, but super annoying. I've tried clicking and redefining some of the options in the Work Environment –>User Preference Schemes –>More Options, but the ones that I would think would fix that, don't. 

Any thoughts?

ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

First I would check the settings of you Master Layouts for the Drawing Placement.

BarryKelly_0-1677198840340.png

BarryKelly_1-1677199047592.png

Both options set the rules as to how new drawings are placed on a layout.

I find the grid option is not so good unless you are very structured in how your plans are set out.

And if you don't already,  just open the layout and drag the view/s (yes you can drag multiple) from the Project Map to the layout and then arrange as required.

I prefer this to right clicking on a view and choosing 'Place on layout'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

First I would check the settings of you Master Layouts for the Drawing Placement.

BarryKelly_0-1677198840340.png

BarryKelly_1-1677199047592.png

Both options set the rules as to how new drawings are placed on a layout.

I find the grid option is not so good unless you are very structured in how your plans are set out.

And if you don't already,  just open the layout and drag the view/s (yes you can drag multiple) from the Project Map to the layout and then arrange as required.

I prefer this to right clicking on a view and choosing 'Place on layout'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Awesome! Thank you so much. No clue why that changed between AC25 and 26, but now we're back on track. Thanks again!

Oh, and we didn't know about the dragging and dropping either, so thank you for that as well. 

ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana