BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plot and spool problem with AC14

looper222
Participant
We just upgraded our office workstations, all macs with Snow Leopard, and AC14. We use a spool folder on our server and plot flow to plot, which we have done for years. Now when we save PLT files from AC14 we have a permissions problem - the file saves with "read and write" permissions for the owner, but for "everyone", it has the permissions set to "no access". This makes the file unreadable to plotflow on the server and we have to change the permissions on each file to get it them plot...

Any ideas what we can do to fix this?

I realize this may be an issue with Snow Leopard, but we don't have this problem with any other software and I don't know what to do...?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the I'm guessing category:

1)Check the plot drivers
2)Spoolers usually have a temp file location, could the GS one have gotten overwritten, or is on a path no longer accessible? GS hard-codes path names for temp files. Sometimes when you change OS the hard-coded path becomes a liability. Your other software might be "smarter".

HTH
Snap
looper222
Participant
Thanks for the input but I don't think this is the issue, unfortunately. If I set the spool location to the desktop on my workstation, I get the same problem. That is, the permissions "owner - read and write" and "everyone - no access". It does this on all three new workstations in the office. Frustrating...
Learn and get certified!