Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PlotMaker not plotting more than one sheet to HP DesignJet

JCovarrubias
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Mac OS 10.2 or 10.3, using PlotMaker 3.1, HP DesignJet 500 (please post your DesignJet model if different).

Thanks!
http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
Jeffry Covarrubias
GS US Technical Support Team Leader
P-C2D 1.86GHz/2GB w/ 256MB GeForce 8600GTS; G4 OS 10.4.10 1GHz/1GB "[that other software] is a fancy set of electronic marker pens"
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
JCovarrubias wrote:
Mac OS 10.2 or 10.3, using PlotMaker 3.1, HP DesignJet 500 (please post your DesignJet model if different).

Thanks!

HP 650C and 755
No problem with 450C and 350C... I know they are ancient models - but they work OK (PC platform).

Regards,

Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Xerox 8825 plotter

Mac OS X 10.3.2 with the latest Archicad updates.
Rick Thompson
Expert
I don't think it related to the plotter. It very well could be a Mac only issue though. It has been an issue with AC8 since day one. Not necessarily plotting more than one sheet, but any plotting is screwed up except going through plotflow, then it functions fine. I had GS Boston validate this issue over a year ago (I think), but nothing has changed. If I try to plot a set of say 8 sheets, some plot, some are skipped. Trying to plot multiple copies is worse. I am on an Oce 9300 and have tried many drivers. I have also posted this as a bug to GS develpoment. Maybe with the next update? Hopfully more people experiencing this will help get some attention on it.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
My issue withthe Xerox plotter was solved, it was a plotter issue. I am going to attept to recreate the problem with our HP design jet using the new built in gimp driver in Mac OS X 10.3.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jfkuhn wrote:
My issue with the Xerox plotter was solved, it was a plotter issue. I am going to attept to recreate the problem with our HP design jet using the new built in gimp driver in Mac OS X 10.3.
Remember that Gimp is a printer driver and so does not serve as a real test of plotting problems.

We have an HP1050c which is also only plotting one set at a time. This hasn't been a big problem for us because we mostly plot one-offs for review or use PlotFlow for multiple sets (this has always been my preference anyway). Big jobs we send out to a service bureau.

This machine also has all sorts of problems printing from OSX (from any program, not just AC & PM). The HP service tech said that it is a problem with the HP OSX driver for this particular machine and that it would not likely ever be fixed. Fortunately we are due to replace the thing soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found similar problems. Just recently jumped over to mac (powerbook G4 1.3 Ghz) and found that my designjet500 plots inconsistently. Sometimes nothing comes out, sometimes everything is fine, sometime soem sheets are skipped while others plot.
I will try plot flow as recommended. It seems that if this is a Mac/GS problem that everyone would experience it, not just people using designjets.
Brad