BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker Publishing to DWG

Anonymous
Not applicable
When i publish the layout book to DWG all the drawing titles disappear I am not sure if it is a problem with plotmaker or in the DWG translator. The information on the titles are important to my subs and I have been unsucessfull at finding what the problem is or why it is happening.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
you need to have a .shx or acad font format for your text in your drawing.

Here is the txt.shx font; just point to it when it asks you for a .shx font. If you want something more elaborate than a single font, you need to make a font translation table.
Djordje
Ace
chriszolezzi wrote:
When i publish the layout book to DWG all the drawing titles disappear I am not sure if it is a problem with plotmaker or in the DWG translator. The information on the titles are important to my subs and I have been unsucessfull at finding what the problem is or why it is happening.
Do your subs know about PaperSpace?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have also published a set of 2 DWG drawings from PlotMaker but when I tried to open them for a check with Archicad, there was no graphic information whatsoever (no lines, no text, no nothing).
The files are 140 and 340 kb respectivaly. Any comments?
Anyway it worked fine with DWF.Does anyone know if DWF format is read by Autocad 14 until 2006?

Archicad 9 for MacOSX, PowerBook G4 1,5 ghz, 1Gb Ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jaime -

Are you aware that the default translator saves your layout an Autocad paper space drawing with nothing at all in model space.

When you open your .DWG file in Archicad, Archicad wants to open the model - and finds nothing there, although if you open it in Autocad you will see your layout in paper space.

We find that some consultants to whom we send .DWGs are confused if there is nothing in model space.

You can set up your own translator, and select the option "Paper Space with Full Drawings' content". If you're not familiar with Autocad, it's a bit like having a layout book and a .PLN all in the same file.

Hope this helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Keith JAW" wrote:
Jaime -

"Are you aware that the default translator saves your layout an Autocad paper space drawing with nothing at all in model space".
— No Keith, I was not aware of that fact.

"When you open your .DWG file in Archicad, Archicad wants to open the model - and finds nothing there, although if you open it in Autocad you will see your layout in paper space".
— So I guess there is no way to check a published .DWG file from PlotMaker within Archicad 9.0...

"You can set up your own translator, and select the option "Paper Space with Full Drawings' content". "
—Thank you Keith for sharing your knowlwdge and insightful tip!
Jaime Neto
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jaime -

I meant to add that, if someone sends you an Autocad drawing, if they have saved it with one of the Paperspace views current, then you will only be able to see that view when you open it in Archicad.

It's a bit like opening a layout book, but being able to read only one layout.

I get the impression that many Archicad users don't know this.

If you don't have a copy of Autocad, the best way round this if anyone is about to send you an Autocad drawing is to make sure they save it in model space first.

Good luck - Keith.
Learn and get certified!