Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody!

Our plotter finally died recently. It was quite a few years old, and one day made a lot of noise, and then just stopped working. It was an HP ink jet plotter. We were quite happy with it, but now have the daunting task of finding a replacement.

We currently have an HP large format printer that we use for color renderings, and right now, for printing out our CD sheets. Can anyone recommend a large format printer/plotter that they're using and are happy with?

We're a 9 person firm, dealing in residential and commercial work. We are currently transitioning from ArchiCAD 9 to 11. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
I use HP DJ 500 - it could be a bargain to buy it now as the new line of such printers is starting to be sold. (Don't forget about the HPGL card for it - just the reminder.)

Quite fast comparing to the older line (4XX) and documentation can be printed in fast mode and still way better than best on (4XX, 7XX etc)

The other thing is the chinese continous ink system can be obtained for itsuch machine and the print costs can go down quite a lot.

Best Regards,
Piotr
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
If you will be outputting final sets (and lots of them) don't mess around with an INKJET plotter... Take a look at the OCE series... Initial cost will be around 15k-17k (for the 3000series), but print times will be far better than inkjet.

If you only print a few sheets a day and need the color... HP has a new series out now 6700 or something like that... 42" PS = $1900.00! Very good deal. I think it has the 8 ink carts also..

Makes my 42" DJ500PS unsellable! BTW.. I am very happy with the DJ500...It's just slow...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop