Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotting Layout Book?

rengarch
Participant
In V9 one was able to plot entire Layout Book. Correct me if I am wrong, do you have to select every layout (click, click, click) and check "selected layouts in navigator" in order to plot the entire set?
I tried to publish a set but then I didn't know which format to select (pdf, dwf, etc.) to plot.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The correct way is to use Publisher, it's just that you have it set to 'Save files'. You need to click on the Publishing Properties... button at the top of your Publisher and change the Publishing method to Plot (or even Print if you have your plotter set up as a large format printer).

You will see all the icons change. At the bottom of the Publisher is a Format tab, where you can set the Page Setup, Print Settings, Print Options. If all of your items are in one folder, you only need to set them for that folder and everything within it will take on those settings.

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
There is no "Plot Entire Book" anymore, there is only "Plot Selected in Navigator".

You do not need to click each one individually. You can click the first layout, then shift click the last layout and it will select all the ones in between.
Tom Waltz
Haneef Tayob
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
There is no "Plot Entire Book" anymore, there is only "Plot Selected in Navigator".
Anyone have an idea why often 'the plot selected in navigator' option is not available for selection (in V10). I have highlighted the relevent layouts in the navigator as I would do in v9, but the option is subdued/unselectable.

thanks
Haneef
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
TomWaltz
Participant
Haneef wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
Anyone have an idea why often 'the plot selected in navigator' option is not available for selection (in V10). I have highlighted the relevent layouts in the navigator as I would do in v9, but the option is subdued/unselectable.

thanks
Haneef
It is available. Make sure you have a Layout as your current Window when you do it.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haneef wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:

thanks
Haneef
I had the same problem even I opened a loyout
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the trick. I just discovered it myself. Do everything just as LINK says to do, except when you want to plot, do not press the plot button in plot setup. Instead, push the PUBLISH button and it will plot the layout book for you. Confusing, but it works!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Steve wrote:
Here's the trick. I just discovered it myself. Do everything just as LINK says to do, except when you want to plot, do not press the plot button in plot setup. Instead, push the PUBLISH button and it will plot the layout book for you. Confusing, but it works!
It's called Publishing! It's an integral part of the ArchiCAD process and should be used instead of Printing & Plotting via the File menu, as part of a template system, in all cases IMHO.

Cheers,
Link.