Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing 24x36 pdfs on a PC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all;
I have a new problem after moving form a Mac G4 to a Windows PC. I am still using Archicad 8.1 and 9, but now I can no longer print a 24x36 pdf file. I did download some free pdf writer and a driver for a HP plotter driver hoping that was all I need. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thank you,
Reuben
www.architectureplus.org
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
ReubenW wrote:
Hello all;
using Archicad 8.1 and 9, but now I can no longer print a 24x36 pdf file. I did download some free pdf writer...
There is no need to download a driver, as one has been included with every version of ArchiCAD since 8.0. Inside the ArchiCAD program folder is a folder called "PDF Converter". Below that is a folder "Install". Running the Install app there adds the Amyuni PDF Converter to your printers list.

You should have no problems generating your files from this Amyuni pseudo printer, but you may have to use a custom page size (in mm) and margins (0), and to enable embedding of licensed fonts. When printing from Adobe Reader, the page should be centered and sized at 100%, thus only chopping off any unnecessary borders/margins generated during the PDF generation process relative to the physical printer used.

Since you're new to Windows - if you expect that most of your PDF generation will be D size sheets like this, open the Printers folder, right-click Amyuni PDF Convert and select Printing Preferences. The defaults that you set up here will 'stick', letting you avoid having to set everything up each time you print in AC or PM.

Karl

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Jere
Expert
Can you clarify the problem?

I was having exactly the same problem. My simple fix was this: IGNORE THE PLOT button and use PRINT.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660