BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing Colour Management AC17-CMYK Printer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an option in ArchiCAD to calibrate colour profiles for printing from archicad 17 directly to a CMYK printer.
I believe most applications use RGB and we are wanting to match as closely as possible colours we see on screen to that we are printing out to two different media types: plain 80gsm paper, and photo gloss paper.

We are an Architectural practice that produce full colour (artlantis photorender) images along with cad in colour & black and white.

We have had problems in the past achieving the colours we see on the screen in our prints

We have just purchased a new Hewlett Packard Printer/Plotter HPT790 and wondered if there were any professional archicad users familiar with this?

Or who have tips for calibrating; screen, AC and/or Printer settings
the printer guy was blabbing on something about RGB Pantone & CMYK
(right over my head)

Regards

Jason
Oneil Architecture Ltd
1 REPLY 1
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Jason,

this kind of calibration is left for the particular operating system. OSX has its built in calibration utility called ColorSync. Win platform uses (usually) plotter/printer driver + manufacturer utilities that are (usually) bundled with the driver itself. To be honest I am not sure about the latest versions of Win (e.g. 7 and 8 ) and their ability to sort this out at the system level directly (using built-in out-of-the box colour syncing utility).
::rk
Learn and get certified!